Transylvania County, Program Coordinator
DESCRIPTION: Under the supervision of the Executive VP and VP of Programs, join a dynamic team and perform responsibilities in the area of recruitment, Advisory Council coordination, and community engagement. 15-20 hours/week, $18.00 – $20.00 per hour. This is a remote position, with travel within Transylvania County. The work schedule is flexible, with occasional evening and weekend hours necessary.
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree. Experience in social work, marketing, communications or related field is desired but not required.
CRITERIA: Excellent communications skills, outgoing, a connector, public speaking skills, fundraising skills.
Advocacy – To be an advocate for the program at every level in the community.
- Recruit volunteers through public speaking, public relations and community outreach.
- Recruit youth through positive connections with guidance counselors, school personnel and other community referral partners.
- Design quarterly newsletters showcasing the local program and current events.
- Serve as liaison between agency, community and other social service agencies for the purpose of recruitment, public relations, maintaining or expanding a referral network and in creating collaborative approaches.
- Perform extra duties as requested by the CEO or immediate supervisor.
- Attend program training, staff meetings, and retreats as scheduled.
Marketing and Fundraising
- Serve as the program leader for the Advisory Council.
- Recruit Council members, attend meetings, and be the liaison to program needs.
- Appraise the Council of program developments and needs.
- Report program news to the Communications Coordinator and Advisory Council.
- Continually be involved in the agency’s marketing and funding needs.
- Involve the Council in marketing and fundraising efforts.
- Be involved in planning and logistics for events.
- Attend fundraising and marketing events.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Jamye Davis at email@example.com.