What is Big Brothers Big Sisters?
We are a local affiliate of Big Brothers Big Sisters of America and serve 18 counties in WNC. Staff pair youth, ages 6-15 that face challenges, with a caring mentor that can provide support and encouragement. Staff work closely with the parents/guardians, youth, and mentors to ensure healthy, positive relationship-building and positive youth development. Staff conduct enrollment steps for youth and mentors, pair them based on common interests and personality and other factors, and provide ongoing support or “match support” through in-person and phone conversations.
Program Coordinator, Henderson County
Description: Full-time, $18 per hour. Must live in the local area and be able to support the program in the Henderson County area, with additional travel required at times.
Under the supervision of the CEO and the Executive VP of Programs, and in conjunction with other staff, the Program Coordinator proactively performs the leadership role in the program team approach in the areas of enrollment, matching, and match support. Travel and work in the local area is required. Proficiency in Google Suite required; a plus if experience with database data entry, interviewing skills, and writing assessments.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in social work or related human services field. Experience in related field is desired, but not required. Ability to travel within service area and to work flexible hours, including occasional evenings and weekends, is required.
- Proactively perform volunteer recruitment through public speaking, public relations and community outreach to meet annual service goals.
- Proactively perform child enrollment through public speaking, public relations and community outreach to meet annual service goals.
- Proactively serve as an advocate for the Agency and the local office in the community.
- Communicate regularly with the Advisory Council and attend their meetings as needed.
- Work with the Council to plan fundraising events, handle logistics, solicit sponsors, etc.
Enrollment & Matching Process
- Perform volunteer orientation, enrollment and training utilizing the team approach to the match relationship and according to Agency Standards.
- Perform client inquiries and enrollment utilizing the team approach to the match relationship and according to Agency standards.
- Document the Little’s needed areas of positive youth development.
- Write the Youth Outcome Development Plan (YODP)
- Implement the approved matching procedures of volunteers and clients and the completion of the Match Contract by the parent, child and volunteer.
Match Support Process
- Build positive relationships with parents/guardians, youth, and mentors.
- Conduct match support conversations via phone and in-person.
- Meet monthly due date deadlines and standards for high quality documentation.
- Conduct surveys with mentors and youth as outlined by our National Standards.
- Update the Youth Outcome Development Plans annually and conduct surveys annually.
- Help coordinate and attend some agency events and match group activities.
- Serve as a liaison between the Agency, the community and other social service agencie for the purpose of recruitment, public relations, maintaining or expanding a referral network or in creating collaborative approaches.
- Maintain and improve professional skills by remaining informed of developments in the social services field.
- Budget local grant funds to plan enrichment activities for matches.
- Perform extra duties as requested by the supervisor.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com to be considered for the position.